IT’S ALMOST THAT TIME! Sloss Music and Arts Festival is next weekend, June 16 & 17.
If you have been a planning for this year’s Sloss Fest since the lineup dropped like a good little concert hopper, then we are proud of you. If you procrastinated until now, don’t fret, my pet we’re here to help.
Below is a handy dandy checklist for both the planners and procrastinators.
– Buy your ticket right now, they will cost more day of.
– Start walking and drinking lots of water right now. You’ll be more comfortable if you prepare your body for the heat before this Friday.
– Listen to the lineup:
– Make your schedule. This is hardest, but most important part. Pack your schedule to get your money’s worth. There are so many scheduling conflicts this year, but luckily the stages aren’t far from each other.
– Pack your bags. Last year’s Sloss Fest was on the surface on the sun, but it seems this year we will be singing “rain, rain go away…” So be sure to pack for both situations.
- Light and breezy clothing (bring extra, in case you have to change out of wet clothes)
- Hand Santizier
- Rain Boots
- Reusable water bottles/Camelback (There will be water filling stations)
- Phone changer and Portable changer
- Ear Plugs
- Cash (Most vendors will be accepting credit cards, but credit card machines can be unrealible outdoors)
- Notebook and Pen
– Plan your pre and post festival exploring of Birmingham.
– Go! We’ll dance with you when you get there.
Comment to let us know how you’re getting ready for this weekend.
Images by Ricardo Chang/Noogaside